Monday, December 28, 2009

Restaurante Mugaritz


The beautiful dining room

Huerte

Apple in calcium

Milk fed Veal

Fossilized salsify, wild herb and huevos de pescado

Carpaccio of watermelon

Gisantes in katsuobushi broth

Carnation petals in squid broth

Potato rocks and perfect aioli

The sign in lounging room

Errenterria, Spain May 21, 2009

After many emails back and forth (all in Spanish) I finally got the chance to stage at Mugaritz Restaurant. For those of you who don't know what stage is, it is basically a term used in the kitchen meaning to apprentice. I didn't get pay, but they were gracious enough to feed and give me a place to stay. Looking back, I couldn't believe it, somehow I am here in Spain. I work, chefs yell, (good things I didn't understand 100% Spanish), I cry, I get myself into heated arugments with my chef de partie, but I laugh and I learn to appreciate. It is the most wonderful experience; the people, the green hills, the pintxos, the beer, the culture, the respect for nature, the way of life. Mugaritz holds a special place in my heart, thank you for a delicious and most memorable time. Enjoy the pictures.

3 comments:

  1. nice. now get back to work.
    push, push!!!
    see you, rafa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn´t know that you had a blog! It´s so greath!
    I love you Thai! And always remember that YOU ARE THE BEST!
    Kisses my love
    Ro

    ReplyDelete